Seti

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

That's really good for the number of machines you're running. Now if you could just upgrade that k6 of yours.
I'm doing about 25/day with my main account, but that's also with about 10 machines.

G

Hey Jeff,

Bring it on! I thrive under presure:)
You are moving up quick, looks like you'll be top ten fairly soon.

I already posted those results on Delphi's Extreme Computing. It's about time they finally caught up with our actual totals.

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Baitshop is losing now 26729 to Tom's Hardware's 31789. Are we pulling away?

I have it on three machinese now but they are slow, need to upgrade but I think I can add some more slow PCs before I upgrade. Can't believe I kept that screen saver on for so long. With the screen saver turned off I just about cut my times in half. Not saying which name I am am until I catch up with Kuff.

G

eheh... the race will be hard...
anyway.. i will add more quad 'juice' this weekend.. :wink:

G

--------------Wu----Total CPU time------Av.CPU time /wu
14) jeffg007...478.....3426 hr 39 min....7 hr 10 min 07.4 sec
16) Kuff.........401.....2465 hr 40 min....6 hr 08 min 55.7 sec

I ..argg !! I will ... aarrrrgggg ! .. ..will reach you.... very very .. soon :lol:

jeffg007

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ok I'll race you up to the top 5! Good luck!

Jeff

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jeffg007 on 11/28/00 03:25 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Assimilator1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hehe ,now your in to races:) ,so when do the daily team stats start appearing?;)
BTW its good to see that this new forum section has breathed new life into THF SETI :)

Team Anandtech 13th in SETI Club Teams

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hey Assimilator1: Are you on Tom's Hardware's Seti Team? What is your name there?

Looks like you just come here to recruit THG readers to Anand's group. You are a nothing but a little COG in that big team over there at Anandtech. We are new and small, your 3,000 + units could make you a star over here. Why don't you come on over. Anand's team is old one with many members, ours is new and growing and you can make an impact on ours.

You can even help us make our new SETI Page, etc.

Come on what do you say?

By the way, I check and Anand SETI team is not 13th it is 25th which is the same as your rank on their team. Come over to our place and you would a Second on our team. What do you say?

G

:)<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Curt_Oien on 12/18/00 08:55 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Dude, it only looks like one thing when you put these posts in here. That you are trolling for new members for your Team Anandtech. You can put posts in this group without putting info about other teams. I do read Teamanandtech's forums, but I am not so obnoxious as to put up posts with my signature file advertising Team Tom's Hardware Guide SETI group.

Finally, I think your posts should be taken down all together as it is not friendly competition which I think you are advocating, but are really trying to recruit new members. I am a member of the Tom's Hardware Guide SETI Team and we nee all the help we can get, not people in our forum trolling for new members. You are welcome to post here, but please refrain from what might be constrused as advertising in your signature files.

G

Michael,

QUOTE #1 "Finally, I think your posts should be taken down all together"

QUOTE #2 "You are welcome to post here"
Huh???

I tried to change all my other posts but the forums would not let me.

There are some very good disscussions on SETI at space.com's forums and they have no team to offend anyone. If you stop in, you can say you're from Tom's and no one will get mad. So far I've seen mostly ********* (the team I'm on) and the Planetary Society.

Can I say Planetary Society?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Curt_Oien on 12/18/00 08:54 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

Michael,

When ********* ran a front page artical on distributed computing the SETI team picked up 87 new people as far as I know.
Maybe you guys could get Tom to do the same type of thing.

G

Assimilator1 wrote: "Team Anandtech 13th in SETI Club Teams"

Michael wrote: "I check and Anand SETI team is not 13th it is 25th"

They are 13th in "Clubs" and 24th in "All Groups"

jeffg007

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Damn, You knocked me out of 5th place. How meny pc's do you have running seti? I lost a few pc's that I had at work. I'm now at 1 - 667 intel, 2 - 733 intel, 1 - 850 t-bird.

I also upgraded to 303 version of seti and it is a lot slower because the WU's are alot bigger in size.

Jeff

G

eheheh I run it on 3 dual PIII 933, 1 Quad PPro 200 , 2 PII 500 & 1 K6-2 500. I least... i reach the top five. cecsi I'm comming :tongue: .

You will probably laugh at me , but my best machine was this old Quad-cpu Pentium Pro 200. It give me the best result with seti spy.. bah.. it's true that this old machine work 100% for seti.. and nothing else :)

Keep the race going , with the end of the holiday, I will lose some HorsePower. My dual PIII return on Pre-production.. so..

<font color=red>H</font color=red><font color=green>A</font color=green><font color=blue>P</font color=blue><font color=orange>P</font color=orange><font color=black>Y</font color=black> <font color=red>X</font color=red><font color=yellow>-</font color=yellow><font color=purple>M</font color=purple><font color=red>A</font color=red><font color=green>S</font color=green>
<font color=red> Happy X-mas Folks and a Happy New years </font color=red> :wink: