Severe screen flicker then black screen Alienware 17

Jackye

Estimable
May 27, 2014
I have been having this problem for a while now. Sometimes when i am watching videos (especially full screen) or full screen games, the screen starts being distorted and flicker like crazy. If i try to tilt the labtop display, the screen goes into this weird black screen state (it is almost like flickering from black screen to extremely low brightness display). I can still here everything going on in the background. Unplugging the AC Adapter stops the flickering but not the black screen. I sent in my laptop to dell repair and they replaced the motherboard. The laptop worked fine for two days then the problem appeared again. Anyone knows what is causing the problem?

ReeceF

Estimable
May 18, 2014
Like Jarotech Said, Try connecting your Computer to a External Display Via HDMI/VGA/DVI, Try this for a couple days and see if the problem still occurs, If so this might the the connects going into the screen that may have come loose

Jackye

Estimable
May 27, 2014
I used splashtop to connect my windows surface as second display. It seems like the surface display worked fine while the laptop display is messed up. Does it mean there is something wrong with the screen?

ReeceF

Estimable
May 18, 2014

Quite Possibly, It could just be the Inverter inside the screen that is lose, all you would have to do is check the cables, But it may be something more serious like the screen itself, If i was you i would check the inverter inside the screen plastics because that might be the cause, let me know if you need any more help