Sharp Intros World's Largest 3D HDTV at 90 Inches

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thilindi

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
The Mitsubishi is a DLP rear projection screen. This is the first LCD/OLED screen over 90 inches with 3D.

1080p is fine for this screen. This is not meant for standard living rooms. This is meant for theater rooms where the viewers are 25+ feet from the screen. That being said, I would love a 70in screen with 2160p resolution screen. It is coming eventually. Just not soon enough for me. :p

G

How does these morons at Toms even get a job with all these false articles?

Do they hire full blown retards or what?

jonnyhuk2

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2008
uses less energy than two 75-watt light bulbs

So that would be "uses less energy than a 150-watt light bulb" then. (yes they do exist).

In fact, why light bulbs? Just "uses less than 150 watts" would do. Half the power of my 42" plasma, I can feel the heat that gives off 6 feet away!

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]jonnyhuk2[/nom]So that would be "uses less energy than a 150-watt light bulb" then. (yes they do exist).In fact, why light bulbs? Just "uses less than 150 watts" would do. Half the power of my 42" plasma, I can feel the heat that gives off 6 feet away![/citation]

you know marketing they think as long as you see a smaller number like 75 instead of a big number like 150 you will think it will impress you

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]DjScribbles[/nom]Who made it, Sharp or LG?The article switches between the two without explaining itself at all. My guess is that sharp is the manufacturer of the panel, and it's an LG TV, but who knows.[/citation]

if it is made by LG you definitely should get an extended warranty for it :)

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Why the hate for 3D?
Sure its only looks really good on some things, but after watching NBA and other sports on 100" in 3D, iv'e gotta say, its pretty insane. They just need to make it without the gay arsed glasses.

$10,000 isn't that expensive either (for what you get). 90" is 4x the area of a 45" tv, and a decent 45" can cost over $2,500 (in AUS). Sure you can argue economies of scale, but for bleeding edge the law of diminishing returns always wins.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
the problem is if you lose the glasses youd get half the pixels on one side and the rest on the other, and it looks like ass. but to many ppl dont realize the epic smoothness in the 120hz 3d gaming screens gives you if you lose the 3d. i can personally almost not go back to 60hz it feels so jagged and irritating.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
ummm Mitsubishi has had a 92" HDTV since last year and it is also 3D so No it's not the first.

He is refering to LED TV's, he just forgot to put the LED in the Description. Everyone already knows about DLP TV's, they are not near as clear as LED TV's, No Comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS