Sharp's 8K TV Will Set You Back Only $133,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
8k is coming faster than I thought. I saw YouTube demos of 8k monitors in asia a year ago but I still thought it would be 3 years before any serious 8k screens would get to market.

$133,000! Only a multi millionaire or billionaire would consider buying that!

smeezekitty

Honorable
Sep 11, 2012
Stupid. You could buy several new cars or a house for that price.
Not to mention there is next to no content and honestly little need for 8K at this point

Even if you wanted to game on it, you can't really since there isn't enough GPU horsepower yet.

Yeah, You could buy almost two Porsche Boxters for that price!

for the people complaining about price: all new tech has such high prices since it is not mass produced yet. for those of you that do not remember when lcdtv's started entering the mainstream market it was not uncommon for prices of $8-10k for the higher end products at local retail stores and much much higher when all we had were a few test models such as what this tv represents.

there are people who spend $500k+ on sound systems, $1m+ on cars, etcetera. those are the people who can afford absolute bleeding edge tech such as this. for the rest of us, we have to wait until mass fabrication starts happening and prices drop to reasonable levels.

also realize, without 8k screens there would never be 8k content. you arent going to find content before you have a valid medium to run it on. with 8k in the future we now have more of a push for 4k - be glad as it means GPU manufacturers really need to step up their game and release something worthwhile. gaming at the same resolution or quality of detail stagnates the pond and introduces little improvement across product lines. having a constant push (whether or not its actually practical) gives more incentive for manufacturers to invest in research and development. if we get more people to switch from 1080p to 4k we will see improvment. in the future if we get people switching from 4k to 8k again we will see improvement.

its easy to just point and note the price, it takes a little more thought to see why such products may certainly be worth noting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS