Shift Your Way Through FM Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Well as FM is due to be shut down over the next couple of years with the push to digital I certainly don't see this doing well, not to mention the fact it is a cheap piece of junk.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]Does not look that promising.[/citation]
It looks Neat though, and it almost makes me want one.

Not to mention, it's shiny

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Joke gift? Though if I received this, even as a joke, I would be pretty irritated. Either it is going to clutter up my house, collecting dust, or I am tossing it which is irritating because I hate to waste anything. The whole thing is just a waste of everything. /end_rant.

TomD_1

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
I can just see the consumer reports pouring in of how people thought it was the real gear stick, and because of it have stalled at lights/ruined their engine/somehow driven over their neighbors pets

danbfree

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
A. It's not meant for cars at all. It's a simple FM radio for your home/office with a speaker onboard. Enough of the stupid car jokes, it just makes no sense and is annoying.

B. "The process of turning off the radio may please those who've driven old cars. It's a simple matter of pushing down on the stick, moving it to the left, and pulling it downwards"

Uh,it's more like putting a Volkwagon (even newer ones) in reverse.

C. If it has a line out to plug some stereo speakers into it and the price was reasonable, I think this would actually be a decent toy for those of us who listen to FM radio.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Is it plastic or steel. If it was "heavy" and made of steel with a nice solid underbody and a really nice tuning unit... it would probably do alright! If it's plastic... why are you even writing about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.