Shipping your notebook (and everything else)

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I deal with a lot of shipping companies here at the GLOBAL headquarters of Killer Notebooks; I would like to tell you of an experience I had with UPS, FEDEX and the US Postal Service.

FedEx, comes several times, the package requires an adult signature, instead of walking 100 feet to the office to get one, they leave notice of attempted delivery. I then call them on Friday and ask if I should come and pick it up, or if they can send it out Saturday Home delivery. They say they can get it to me Saturday, but never show up. Annoying when you are leaving on Sunday for a week. "When it absolutely positively has to be there... right?"

Next is UPS, the guys in the little brown truck. Well now I know why they are brown... read on.
3 day delivery, again, office is too far to walk to, but hey, I ONLY spend $180 to 3 day ship these computer chassis's, again leaving on Sunday. I call and with UPS there isn't even a way to go pick the package up and they aren't even open on Saturday. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I re-route the package to where I am going which will take until Tuesday. Thanks UPS, I could have saved $100.

Now for the package sent from SOUTH KOREA EMS Global Priority. First they attempt to deliver it on Saturday (which none of these other jokers do, but I wasn't home. I figured I am screwed, but wait. Sunday morning at 9:15 am I get a call from the US POSTAL SERVICE saying they attempted to deliver an express package, guess what? They are bringing it right over on SUNDAY!

Probably the cheapest, easiest, most convenient AK-47 toting delivery service that gets the job done without marketing B.S. telling me how great they are! That is something I appreciate. I try to be a company that when people deal with me they say to themselves, "That's kick-ass, why isn't everyone like that?"

labortius

Distinguished
May 17, 2004
I've found the more you pay for shipping, the more fuss, singing and dancing there is. Once you need signatures, it means you have to be there, they always come during the day, so you have to send it to work.

What happened to leaving it with a neighbour or in a porch etc?

All these redeliveries are why Dell charges $90 for delivery.

labortius

Distinguished
May 17, 2004
That's great, 'cos if I'm there to open the door, I'll be singing and dancing too, instead of weeping and sobbing and I read the "We missed you!" note and imagining the wasted time I've got ahead driving to some godforsaken depot in the middle of some strange town I don't know.

:lol:

and

:cry: