I would buy from Lenovo direct if it's not too outrageous$, that should guarantee longest lasting. Third party OK if u don't plan to keep this laptop for more than a year or 2. Would not buy from eBay if my life depends it.
2)you can always call LENOVO, i believe they are in Georgia. great friendly techs, call about two am central time, if you have wait it will be short. they will give you correct part number.
1)check to see if there was a battery recall.
3) Lenovo usually offers 4,5,6 cell battery packs.
4) no ebay, lord only knows what you would get.
5) find a video on laptop battery catching fire, blowing up etc.
6) be sure to update all LENOVO software. There is usually new software for battery.
just make sure you load proper software. LENOVO makes it executive proof, they have videos
on how to work step by step.
7) i own about eight LENOVO's and several of the other guys, never been let down by LENOVO.
8) after watching the battery video, if you still want to go cheap....well good luck.
9) you can find a "real" replacement battery, at a good price.
sorry don't have any sites to send you to.
10) hope these tips help you. If so and you would like more information get back to me.
Cowboy ( got nickname many years ago when i was going to try some Rodeo. Thank my angels for stopping me. Those guys are TUFF, i respect them. Now i stay in the saddle.)