Solved! Should I buy a cheap pc or use virtual windows on Mac. for A+ practice.

lmahek

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
Hi, I am studying for the CompTIA A+ exams but I don't currently have a windows pc. Sold most my gear to pay for collage courses then my laptop had an accident. The question I have is, if I run windows (10, 8, 8.1 or 7) virtually will I still have complete control. Will I be able to access Bios or use command prompt?

Or will I be better off buying a cheap used pc? The only thing it will be used for is to practice for A+. I can get a decent use or refurbed pc for around $100 or $150.

The specs for my MacBook pro are; 13 in 2017, 3.1 GHz i5, 8 GB ddr3 ram, 250 ssd running Mojave.
What would be the better option? Or is it preference?

Jun 24, 2019
Yes, You can run windows on MAC operating system virtually. It's a good idea but the only problem with installation is Windows took a very long time while installation on Mac. When I installed windows on my previous Mac operating system virtually it took more to that I don't hold more patience to install it but finally, it was installed after 4 hours.
So it's your choice, How you wanna do it?
If you have patience then you should have to install it on MAC. Otherwise, use a different window system.

lmahek

Estimable
Feb 6, 2015
Yes, You can run windows on MAC operating system virtually. It's a good idea but the only problem with installation is Windows took a very long time while installation on Mac. When I installed windows on my previous Mac operating system virtually it took more to that I don't hold more patience to install it but finally, it was installed after 4 hours.
So it's your choice, How you wanna do it?
If you have patience then you should have to install it on MAC. Otherwise, use a different window system.

Will I have complete control running virtually? example: will I have bios and command prompt control and access?