Solved! Should I buy a laptop or tablet?

CarterUSM

Honorable
Jan 6, 2017
Hi

My Apple IoS tablet is approaching the end of its life and consequently I am looking to replace it, but I’m not sure if I should get another tablet, or buy a laptop/netbook instead.

Ideally I need something with both Word & Excel (or similar applications such as Libre Office), and a physical keyboard (as opposed to touch screen) with mouse connectivity (not a mouse incorporated into the keyboard). I really don’t want anything based on IoS, as I have lost the functionality of numerous apps as they are updated, due to their incompatibility with my ancient tablet.

Also, I would prefer a model with at least 64GB internal storage (I’m assuming this is the bare minimum industry standard now).

Apple also has the very useful ability to mirror the screen to TV, and ideally I’d like any replacement to have this functionality as well.

Should I just buy a laptop, or would a laptop/tablet hybrid be suitable? I’d be willing to spend up to about £500. Any advice, suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Solution
If you don't care about a touchscreen or having the thing work as a tablet, then a normal Windows laptop is better. Any system should have HDMI out to run a TV as a screen. Wireless, not so much, nothing I have used so far, including corporate expensive products have worked well.
If you don't care about a touchscreen or having the thing work as a tablet, then a normal Windows laptop is better. Any system should have HDMI out to run a TV as a screen. Wireless, not so much, nothing I have used so far, including corporate expensive products have worked well.

Solution