Should I buy a tablet?

JustAliens

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
Hello.

I am thinking to buy a mini laptop or a 2-on-1 tablet. What I need to know from you guys is if the average-tablet can handle the things I need.
I am going to use it, more or less, as a text editor. The tricky part is that I am going work with skype + teamviewer + some IDE (like eclipse, intellij idea etc). I know that I am going to need at least 1GB of free ram so I will look only for 4 or more. I believe that's enough for an average tablet, but it increase the price (and removes a lot of options).
But I don't know if a tablet's CPU can handle my needs. What is your opinion on this? Will a average-tablet CPU be able to handle such tasks?
Currently my thoughts are on the Asus T100HA with the "Intel® Cherry Trail Quad-Core Z8500 Processor". Is it good enough?

I am waiting for your answers. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I actually have the T100HA and it's surprisingly quick for it's small profile and cheapness.

You should be able to run all those apps you have on the T100HA. I've ran several browser tabs and other programs all at the same time without a hitch...
I actually have the T100HA and it's surprisingly quick for it's small profile and cheapness.

You should be able to run all those apps you have on the T100HA. I've ran several browser tabs and other programs all at the same time without a hitch...

Solution