Should i buy Blade Razer 2017 or MacBook Pro 2016?

inujood19

Prominent
Dec 2, 2017
Hello i am thinking to buy a new laptop but i can't make decision! i'm stuck between Blade Razer 2017 and MacBook pro 15 inch 2016

i have now the MacBook Pro 2012:
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz
Storage: 512G
Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5

and i really use the computer for alot of things!! i'm a graphic designer and i use all of adobe softwares and i'm a photographer so i deal a lot with RAW files and also i'm developer (IOS mostly and i'm used to mac terminal) and i'm a college student also, and sometimes i play video games. so this laptop is a PAIN in the ass and i really need a new strong laptop.

i'm thinking of getting the blade razer 2017! it's true i'm not a real gamer but i think it's a powerful laptop and can suit me
and for my old mac i can upgrade the RAM to 16GB and maybe use it for the designing things?

the thing about macbook pro 2016 is that the RAM and the SSD are soldered to the logic board!! which make them un-upgradeable. and that's why i'm taking a step back and rethinking buying it. but i don't know i think it's so strong also and the mac quality is so good and the battery life is good too.

Please recommend me a laptop if you think none of these are good for me.

Solution
What are the specs on the razer blade? Is it the pro, stealth? Imo don't get a macbook with 4GB of soldered ram as you'll be screwed if you ever need more in the future. I wouldn't get less than 8 with the ability to upgrade.

If all your devices are iOS and that's what you're familiar with, then maybe look for a macbook with at least 8gb of ram.

You could look at lenovo Think pads with Xeon processor and nvidia quadro graphics designed specifically for working with media. I'll see if I can find a decent configuration for reference

severinsen70

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
What are the specs on the razer blade? Is it the pro, stealth? Imo don't get a macbook with 4GB of soldered ram as you'll be screwed if you ever need more in the future. I wouldn't get less than 8 with the ability to upgrade.

If all your devices are iOS and that's what you're familiar with, then maybe look for a macbook with at least 8gb of ram.

You could look at lenovo Think pads with Xeon processor and nvidia quadro graphics designed specifically for working with media. I'll see if I can find a decent configuration for reference

Solution