Should I buy the Lenovo Y50 Laptop?

Frederic Fong

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014
I am looking for a gaming laptop. Something that can run things like Arma III or Metal Gear Solid 5 the new game which is coming out soon at a decent framerate.I also play games like League of Legends and Diablo III. Im kinda new to the PC Community because I also play on console. The specs I wanted to choose for these type of games are listed here.
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4710HQ Processor (2.50GHz 1600MHz 6MB)

UPDATE:
I would like some recommendations on the MSI Gaming Laptops. If so the price range could be up to 2000 USD maximum. Other than that I won't go any further with the price.
Maybe for example this one here? Even though the Nvidia 970M I said earlier is overkill. I think its fine. http://
This link is the MSI Laptop.

Operating system
Windows 8.1 64
Display
15.6'' UHD LED Glossy (3840x2160)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 4GB
Memory
16.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz
Hard Drive
Hybrid 1TB 5400 RPM+8GB SSHD
Optical Drive
None
Network Card
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
Bluetooth
Bluetooth Version 4.0
Warranty
One year
Battery
4 Cell 54 Watt Hour Lithium-Ion
Supported Features
Motion Control

I live in Hong Kong in Asia. So that's why Im considering a gaming laptop instead of a pc. Because of space issues etc. So please give me some recommendations on whether or not should I get this laptop. People say Razer and Alienware have good laptops as well but I don't really trust their customer service. I hear people say Razer Blade laptops die really quickly and the stuff burns. Alienware is made by Dell I think. Dell in my opinion has some issues with their customer service and I think Lenovo would be the better option to go with. My grandpa also likes to use his computer for movie editing and such for his videos that he creates. I think with the 4K resolution he can see with more clarity and easily edit his movies with ease. Is this possible for slight movie editing as well?. I bet many people will rant on how a gaming pc is the better choice. But I don't have space. And even though there are small Pc boxes you can put stuff in it. You still have to connect it to a monitor and have a keyboard connected. Please give me you're thoughts and recommendations.

G

will work just I could see you having to lower the resolution for games. have you checked out msi?

Frederic Fong

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014

Will look into it. Could you give me some recommendations.

Frederic Fong

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014
Btw for the MSI laptops I see that they have the Nvidia 970M graphic card which I personally think is a bit overkill. The display might not have to be 4k

G

I would try to get one with a 880m or 970m.. have seen some with 970m in sli

the strongest laptop gpu is a 980m but i am sure that would be really pricey

G

a 970m is not overkill if you want it to stay game worthy for some years with good settings

Frederic Fong

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014

So is the MSI Laptop that I found ok? If so could you give me some pros and cons comparison with these two computers.

G

really is better in every way and MSI has good customer service in my experience but are you sure you would not be happier with a 17in?

Frederic Fong

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014
15.6 is already decent enough for me. But are you sure MSI would be the right choice? Have you had any personal experience with MSI or something because I would like to know.

G

MSI has always been good to me

There is also the ASUS gaming laptops