Should I get a Surface pro 4? is it still full of bugs?

Steve_135

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
Hi,
I can get the surface pro 4 I5 128GB from germany in a good deal (900$ and type cover included) and in my home country it costs 1400$ + 250$ for the type cover.
I need a laptop to replace my desktop pc for web browsing, youtube, light lightroom and photoshop editing.
I inteded to buy the 256gb model but I costs 425$ more (in germany) so I think it doesn't worth it..
Im afraid that it will be full of bugs and I will not be satisfied with it, or are they got fixed?

Solution
Currently using an i7 256gb 16gb Ram variant of the surface pro 4 as an engineering student.

While I had a rocky start due to the bugs back in Feb, it seems fairly usable right now. There are still some minor bugs [for me closing the type cover for prolonged periods still does not wake up], and the 2k~ resolution isnt really that great especially when many apps still do not support it so expect some apps to have some extremely small fonts. I believe there is a custom fix available for photoshop (not that i use it). You gotta search it up.
Just a warning though, the battery life is below average [3~5hrs depending on usage] and wi-fi isn't that great either.
Other than that, its a great device overall.
Pros:
-Portability~ish [small and...

David_445

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
Currently using an i7 256gb 16gb Ram variant of the surface pro 4 as an engineering student.

While I had a rocky start due to the bugs back in Feb, it seems fairly usable right now. There are still some minor bugs [for me closing the type cover for prolonged periods still does not wake up], and the 2k~ resolution isnt really that great especially when many apps still do not support it so expect some apps to have some extremely small fonts. I believe there is a custom fix available for photoshop (not that i use it). You gotta search it up.
Just a warning though, the battery life is below average [3~5hrs depending on usage] and wi-fi isn't that great either.
Other than that, its a great device overall.
Pros:
-Portability~ish [small and lightweight](below average battery)
-Great pen
-Great for notetaking
Cons:
-below average battery
-DPI scaling due to high resolution results in apps with small font/UI
-Some minor bugs, especially with windows 10.
-expensive

Solution