DrexelDragon93

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Hey everyone,

I just sold my HP Pavilion DV7 and am looking for something to replace it with. I like tablets a lot and I saw the Surface Pro and figured it might fit the bill. I already have a powerful desktop so I'm not looking to spend more than $1000 on a mobile device. I really like the full Windows 8 on the Surface Pro, I just want to see if you thought there is something better for the money at the price. Thanks!

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
The surface pro is a neat device.. but that's about it. You can get something with better specs, and touchscreen for less. Try some of the YOGA series, that let you flip it backwards, or one of the convertables. same thing, just not marketed as beastly.

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
I have never used one, and the yoga makes you put the keys under it. So it has it's cons, it's a bit heavier, but im pretty sure it's going to be a bit faster. Maybe someone on here has the yoga. I saw a few reviews on the web, it looks neat, and the specs are decent.

yillbs

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
if you watch a few videos, the sreen flips all the way back, meaning the keys are the underside of the tablet when in tablet mode. So if you set it on a table, or anywhere really, they end up getting sratched, or dusty, ect. they have a think made for them from lenovo that lets you cover them up, but it's nice to have a full functioning laptop, and a tablet when you want. that's kinda what i was getting at.

TRENDING THREADS