Should i upgrade from speakers to headphones?

Yazan Zaid

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
Hey guys, I have logitech Z523 speakers and i was curious if i should change using to headphones(logitech g430)?does it worth the jump?oh another question if i got logitech G430 should i hook it up with my motherboard(gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 7) or should i hook it up in my speakers(logitech Z523)?is there any difference?

SachMcFunny

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
Depends what you want. If you don't want any background noise get the headphones, if you want true surround you could get surround speakers for cheaper than true surround headphones. I personally would save up to buy better headphones instead of buying OK ones to replace your already-OK speakers.

There would not be any difference between hooking it up with speakers and hooking it up with the motherboard.

Yazan Zaid

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014

i want something that is better from logitech z523(noticeable difference!) i'm going to get for 80$~160$

do you need surround sound headphones?

if not then studio headphones would definitely sound better (though would require a seperate mic if you needed a microphone) and depending on what soundcard you have may or may not be an option.

the hd598 are phenomenal for gaming. again, they are stereo (not surround) and they have no mic. with a virtual surround (dolby headphone is best) capable soundcard you can make them virtual surround and if you need a mic you could add one to them with either a modmic, clip on mic or boom mic mod.

are they better than the z523? likely clearer highs, however they will not have the same low end kick speakers would have.

as far as headsets are concerned (ones with mic + headphones) i cannot list much for your budget as i dont use gaming headsets myself (i use headphones or speakers)