shure se215 vs audio techninca ath-m50x

jeffrey1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
i Am looking to buy a good par of headphones or earphones and my choice is between these two. the shure cost 109e and the audio technica 139e. What should i buy pls?

Solution
Headphones in that price range should not have a problem with the cable and should have good strain relief. If you are ok with not having a removable cable, I would strongly consider the Beyerdnyamic DT 770 PRO 80 ohm version. Fun V shaped sound signature which works great for electronic music, comfortable to wear for hours on end, excellent build quality. Depending on your audio setup you may benefit from or need a headphone amp.

In ears are a different story. The SE 215 would work great for EDM and they do have a removable cable. Build quality is great, solid plastic housing with a thick cabling. The only other in ear monitor that comes to mind in that price range that is better built is the RHA MA 750. The MA 750's sound is more...

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
The SE 215s are in ear monitors and would be more portable compared to a full sized pair of headphones like the ATH m50x. They will offer higher noise isolation as well, though since it is an in ear design you will be limited to using microdrivers.

It's hard to compare apples to oranges, it would come down to whether you need the portability of an IEM, or if you would be fine using full sized headphones.

Recommendations could be made by answering the statement above, as well as giving the genres of music you listen to and your sound preferences for the headphones. Are you buying from amazon.de or a similar site? There are lots of options to choose from besides the m50x and SE 215.

jeffrey1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

I was gonna but the headphones from my country Malta. What good headphones in ear or over ear do you recommend form amazon uk pls?tks

jeffrey1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

not that big of a deal but i don t want open back headphones.

jeffrey1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

Also i would like headphones with replacable or detachable cables as every headphones or earphone i had got damaged form the cable.

RazerZ

Honorable
Herald
Aug 18, 2013
Headphones in that price range should not have a problem with the cable and should have good strain relief. If you are ok with not having a removable cable, I would strongly consider the Beyerdnyamic DT 770 PRO 80 ohm version. Fun V shaped sound signature which works great for electronic music, comfortable to wear for hours on end, excellent build quality. Depending on your audio setup you may benefit from or need a headphone amp.

In ears are a different story. The SE 215 would work great for EDM and they do have a removable cable. Build quality is great, solid plastic housing with a thick cabling. The only other in ear monitor that comes to mind in that price range that is better built is the RHA MA 750. The MA 750's sound is more refined on the whole but it will not be as bassy as the SE 215. They do not have removable cables, but with its solid build quality it should not be a problem.

Solution

jeffrey1999

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014

I am gonna go with the shure se 215 as i can buy them from my own country tks for the help

TRENDING THREADS