Shut off SLI graphics card in laptop (Aorus X7 Pro)

lochlanna

Estimable
Mar 17, 2015
Hi,
I have an Aorus X7 Pro laptop with dual gtx970m graphics card in it which are in SLI. I want to actually shut off both cards and use onboard graphics instead to save power. I am aware that SLI graphics is not compatible with Optimus but is there any other option? It defiantly doesn't have to be an automated solution just any solution will do.

Thanks!

Solution
so you want both of the cards to be off whenever you are not gaming but one when playing optimus, and all when playing other games? Nvidia control panel will let you turn SLI on and off, and windows should let you run integrated if you disable the card in device manager. also you could reboot and turn the cards on and off in the bios.

Robert Cook

Honorable
Herald
Dec 15, 2014
so you want both of the cards to be off whenever you are not gaming but one when playing optimus, and all when playing other games? Nvidia control panel will let you turn SLI on and off, and windows should let you run integrated if you disable the card in device manager. also you could reboot and turn the cards on and off in the bios.

Solution

Hekarizblade

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
It is in the bios or in the nvidia control panel in the SLI options make it on or off because sometimes it always in the recommend which is Auto and also in the 3d settings i believe use high peformance GPU