Shutdown Timer Provides Better Auto Shutdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]TheCapulet[/nom]I come to Toms Hardware for news, Rico, not a blog of random crap you've found while searching google.[/citation]

Speak for yourself. I found this very interesting and probably will get that program.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Speak for yourself. I found this very interesting and probably will get that program.[/citation]
Agreed. It's better news than some of the other things I've seen on here. If ya don't like it, don't comment on it. Didn't momma tell ya "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."? :)

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]I think I'll get this, it'll have use for when I'm torrenting over night, or doing a virus scan.[/citation]

A lot of the more popular torrent programs have a setting to turn off your PC when your Torrents finish downloading. At least I know uTorrent does.

arael

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Ooo nice find! I'm forever having to leave my PC on overnight when encoding videos/virus scans/etc because I have no way of shutting them down after the job is done.

nodeffect

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
[citation][nom]the_krasno[/nom]Speak for yourself. I found this very interesting and probably will get that program.[/citation]

agreed, better than those stupid apple articles.

w1zz4

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]arael[/nom]Ooo nice find! I'm forever having to leave my PC on overnight when encoding videos/virus scans/etc because I have no way of shutting them down after the job is done.Thanks[/citation]

Why not just using power saving tool of windows???? It turn off your computer after a predefined lapse of unused time, and can even wake up your computer, do it's stuff (scan, backup, updates) and then return to hibernation state... It's all included with windows and working correctly...

andyp363

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Or get a decent downloader and tick the shutdown when complete box, just about every time consuming process has that option hidden away somewhere.

seriousazn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]I think I'll get this, it'll have use for when I'm torrenting over night, or doing a virus scan.[/citation]
idk about other apps but bittorrent lets you set your own shutdown time, or shutdown when your torrents have finished.

Gigahertz20

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
utorrent has options to put your computer to sleep/shut down when your torrents are done. But this is still a handy app, I'm going to download it.

technuttso

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
Windows... open cmd line and type: shutdown(space)/t(sp)xxxx(sp)/s where xxxx is time in seconds and (sp) is space. Enjoy..is free :)

Status
Not open for further replies.