Shuts off while plugged into power supply

Mir_of_Anda

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
I have a Toshiba L755D-S5109 Model # PSK32U-03P00X. I am having an issue with it staying powered up. I just purchased a new battery. The power light and battery light will start flashing and within 5 mins it will shut off without warning while plugged in. It did this with the old battery. I assumed with it being 4 -5 years old that maybe the battery was no longer good. Even with the new battery the laptop continues to shut down while plugged in. If i try to boot the laptop without it being plugged in it says the battery needs charging. Could I possibly need a new power supply?

Natsukage

Estimable
Oct 28, 2016
Hello there.

First of all, when you plug in your power supply, does a light come out to say it is charging? If not, then it's one of three things:
1) Your charger (supply) is defect.
2) Your charger wire is broken
3) Your laptop's charge connector is broken

First of all, is there there any light on your power supply when plugged in? If not, play around with the power cable that leads to the wall socket. If it doesn't light up, you need to replace it.

Secondly, if there's a light, does it stay on when you connect it in the PC? If not, then you will need to replace the charger.

And third, is your wire or charge socket damaged in any way? If yes, then it may need repair.

Natsukage

Estimable
Oct 28, 2016
Hello there.

First of all, when you plug in your power supply, does a light come out to say it is charging? If not, then it's one of three things:
1) Your charger (supply) is defect.
2) Your charger wire is broken
3) Your laptop's charge connector is broken

First of all, is there there any light on your power supply when plugged in? If not, play around with the power cable that leads to the wall socket. If it doesn't light up, you need to replace it.

Secondly, if there's a light, does it stay on when you connect it in the PC? If not, then you will need to replace the charger.

And third, is your wire or charge socket damaged in any way? If yes, then it may need repair.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
aecanive Laptop Tech Support 0
WannaKnowWhy Laptop Tech Support 2
Kaiserken Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 8
M Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1