Siberia V2 vs Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma

joshua3313

Estimable
Dec 9, 2014
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/steelseries-siberia-v2-wired-stereo-gaming-headset-oranje/9200000014669078/
or the
http://www.bol.com/nl/p/razer-kraken-chroma-wired-7-1-virtueel-surround-gaming-headset-zwart/9200000032856131/

which of these is better please let me know

Solution
I don't speak Dutch or German, but they're pretty close to the same. I own the Kraken 7.1 in the non-Chroma and they work quite well. They're comfortable once broken in, produce sound well in stereo or virtual surround, and have a very sensitive digital mic. The cord is plenty long enough and has a braided sheath. The cups also fold should you wish to transport them somewhere besides your neck. While some people have seemed to have issues with Synapse 2.0, I can't say that I have. Synapse allows you to adjust equalizer settings to your liking as well as adjust the color palette.

The Siberia, from what I have read online, compares favorably from what I can see. It has a slightly longer cord (don't know if this is a concern for you) and...

SkyBill40

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
I don't speak Dutch or German, but they're pretty close to the same. I own the Kraken 7.1 in the non-Chroma and they work quite well. They're comfortable once broken in, produce sound well in stereo or virtual surround, and have a very sensitive digital mic. The cord is plenty long enough and has a braided sheath. The cups also fold should you wish to transport them somewhere besides your neck. While some people have seemed to have issues with Synapse 2.0, I can't say that I have. Synapse allows you to adjust equalizer settings to your liking as well as adjust the color palette.

The Siberia, from what I have read online, compares favorably from what I can see. It has a slightly longer cord (don't know if this is a concern for you) and it uses a 3.5mm plug rather than a USB. These also have a slightly larger frequency response range but it's unlikely you'd notice that audibly.

If you have the chance to try each out before buying, do so. If not... you're on your own. Either way, I believe you're getting a solid product.

Solution