Sign in to Google Play Games Won't Work

LizMac42

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
Samsung Tablet Galaxy S2

I have downloaded the Classic Words game and everything works fine when playing this scrabble type game. However to save your scores (?on google cloud) it has a message "You are not signed into Google Play Games" there is a Google button alongside labelled "Sign In" but this button does not work.
When you click on the "Achievements" bar further down, it tells me "A problem occurred connecting to Google Cloud"

Does anyone know why and what I have to do to sign into Google Play Games or the Google Cloud?

Thank you in anticipation of any help.

Reactions: adamva
Solution
Well when you click on the Google Play icon does it automatically load the Google Play Store, or do you have to log in? If you have to log in, that is why the message about not being signed in. However, if you are automatically taken to there when you tap the icon, then you are signed in. Which is how it is on most phones. If that is the case, then there is a problem with the app itself. You would need to contact the apps creators about that. Also, I have to wonder/be suspicious about any app saying that you have to be logged in or they have to have access to a cloud account to save your score. There is really no reason for it since it can be saved to the device. So why do they need access to your store account or cloud account. I would...
Well when you click on the Google Play icon does it automatically load the Google Play Store, or do you have to log in? If you have to log in, that is why the message about not being signed in. However, if you are automatically taken to there when you tap the icon, then you are signed in. Which is how it is on most phones. If that is the case, then there is a problem with the app itself. You would need to contact the apps creators about that. Also, I have to wonder/be suspicious about any app saying that you have to be logged in or they have to have access to a cloud account to save your score. There is really no reason for it since it can be saved to the device. So why do they need access to your store account or cloud account. I would think on that. There are a lot of apps, even on Google Play Store, that turn out to be quite fishy. You may want to try a different app.

Solution

LizMac42

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
Thank you for this helpful reply. I do not have to sign into the Play Store - in fact I downloaded another game today and got an email reply for payment. I did not even think that it could be 'fishy' to login within a game so I will not attempt to get that connection again.