Signs Appear of Further Xbox 360 Price Drop in September

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i wonder when next xbox comes out :p I had xbox360 for two months, ended up selling it

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
XBox 360 has seriously outdated parts..I could make a new one that performs over twice as well,and for the "loss" these companies reportedly get,it would be less.

G

It will never be powerful as PC, the bottom line consoles suck.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
the problem with building a system equal or more powerful than the 360 is you cannot play all the games that come out for consoles like the xbox 360 or the PS3. Heck people are still waiting for halo 2 to come out for the PC

G

Uhh..Halo 2 has been on the PC for a while...where have you been?

terror112

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
who really cares about halo anymore? It was like the online fps revolution that has hit PC gamers, what? 10 years ago? most of the features that Halo can offer gamers has been around for a long time. As of now you can build a $400 PC more capable than any console. I have built plenty of friends' cheap and affordable gaming systems that will give the same or higher fidelity of gameplay that any console can muster up.

G

Anybody know when the updated "Jasper" xbox 360 is going to arrive? This new Pro model with the 60GB HD....does it also include the Jasper update? From what I've read the "Jasper" model has a newly shrunk 65NM ATI graphics chip, replacing the current 90NM graphics this will reduce heat from the graphics and lower the costs for Microsoft....I read that it was supposed to be out in August, but I can't find any new information....the last updates I can find are from May 2008 referring to an August release date?

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Captaincharisma[/nom]the problem with building a system equal or more powerful than the 360 is you cannot play all the games that come out for consoles like the xbox 360 or the PS3. Heck people are still waiting for halo 2 to come out for the PC[/citation]

Lol.... I think you ment halo 3. If not then well you're just dumb. Anyway real pc gamers don't care about halo or pretty much most of the consoles games.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
The only console game I would love to see on PC is not even an xbox360 game...
It's a ps3 game, grand turismo 5(the real one not that expensive demo). It would look sooo pretty on modern hardware... why can't I have it, damn you sony! :(

G

Man so much hate here. I've been a PC gamer since I was kid starting with the Commodore 64, if you can call that a PC. There is a time and place for PC games and console games. I've always been weary of playing games on consoles because of the lack of upgradeability, no keyboard/mouse etc, but in recent years I gotten a PSP, Wii and a few months ago a 360. I've pretty much left my PC for gaming while I travel and for internet.

Why? Because now I have a son and I have very little time to play video games. When I do have time there is nothing like starting up the Xbox and loading up the Orange Box, Bioshock or whatever for a quick game. PCs are great for games, but for me, it's not as comfortable as a console. On a 42" HD Plasma games look great. yeah..I could do that with my PC, but I don't want to have the asociated cables, keyboard, mouse etc within my son's reach in my living room. The days of locking myself away in my "computer room" are over.

G

dude the 20 GB isnt discontinued it had a price cut cus of the new 60 GB HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.