Sim not recognized

Trc7456

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
I have a LG vista verizon phone that is unlocked. When I put in a us cellular sim it will connect to its network and automatically configures the apn settings, and shows the phone number associated with the us cellular sim card, but I cannot make calls or send texts. I have tried other sims but it still does the same its not recognizing the sim. Any help plz

Solution
Try the following and see if it will help. NOTE: Be really careful. You do not want to damage the phone. Also, if the phone is under any kind of warranty, then I would advise against opening it up as it would void the warranty.

Sometimes the pins in the phone (the little gold prongs inside the ports) can get dirt, dust, food, etc., in them and need to be cleaned out, or they get bent, flattened and/or broken.

Try opening your phone to get a good look at the SIMs contacts and check for dirt/food//damage, etc. If they are too flat you can try lifting them up (extremely gently, as they are fragile) with a small toothpick/tool. You can also try cleaning them with an electronics cleaner (something high in alcohol content so won't leave...
Try the following and see if it will help. NOTE: Be really careful. You do not want to damage the phone. Also, if the phone is under any kind of warranty, then I would advise against opening it up as it would void the warranty.

Sometimes the pins in the phone (the little gold prongs inside the ports) can get dirt, dust, food, etc., in them and need to be cleaned out, or they get bent, flattened and/or broken.

Try opening your phone to get a good look at the SIMs contacts and check for dirt/food//damage, etc. If they are too flat you can try lifting them up (extremely gently, as they are fragile) with a small toothpick/tool. You can also try cleaning them with an electronics cleaner (something high in alcohol content so won't leave any kind of residue).

Solution