Simon Pegg Shrinks, Roasts Apple

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
I guess my understanding is that on Toms the "News Feed" colum is regergetated fluff. As such I don't expect more. The hard info is in the Features sections.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
i thought this was funny. hopefully apple tries to sue this guy for making fun of their products also, cuz i have a feeling this guy would fight back:)

bearracuda

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
[citation][nom]fr0stza[/nom]Yet he still wasted his money buying one[/citation]

If I had simon pegg's money, I'd buy 3 of em just to practice my baseball swing.

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
The poster of this article has completely misrepresented Simon Pegg's intentions. He wasn't 'roasting' the iPad, he was using the fact that the iPad looks a lot like an oversized iPhone to make a funny picture. How unbiased a news article can you get?????

BTW he's also a Mac user and owns a MacBook Air.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]WOW... Celebrities with pictures of themselves and some kind of Apple product...What's next? Snapshots of Larry the Cable Guy listening to music on his iPod?[/citation]

No..just no.

Strider-Hiryu_79

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
[citation][nom]jodrummersh[/nom]Daily Show did that gag when the thing first came out. Not to take anything away from Pegg, just giving due credit.[/citation]

Jon Stewart originally did the "i'm shrinking" gag

Spanky Deluxe

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Strider-Hiryu_79[/nom]Jon Stewart originally did the "i'm shrinking" gag[/citation]

A product designer at Apple probably actually did the first "I'm shrinking" gag. Sounds like a school yard - "He said it first" "No HE said it first!"

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
I just wish someone would come up with an honest ad campaign for an honest competitor:

"It has a real processor. It has a real operating system. You can actually do something productive with it because it runs real software. It's not named after a feminine hygiene product. Sure, it doesn't have ten hours of battery life, but you can watch two movies on it, bqck-to-back. And, if you really think you need to be sitting in front of this for a longer period of time, you should spend the money you saved on a life."

gemmakaru

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
"We first enjoyed Simon Pegg's offbeat brand of British humor in Shaun of the Dead".

Not true, I saw his offbeat brand of British humor years before that film. What about "Spaced" from 1999, a bit before SOTD in 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.