Sims Creator's New Title is All About the Player's Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I can see myself trying it out... knowing what kind of transport I have, where I'm at, plus a couple more tidbits then actually spitting out places I want to go to and things I want to see? Sounds a lot better then sitting in front of a screen for 12 hours straight.

I wonder how the game would run for the outdoors men?

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]In Hivemind the game plays YOU![/citation]
[citation][nom]alhanelem[/nom]lol a game about me would be a game within a game?GAMECEPTION![/citation]
[citation][nom]tessalynd[/nom]Data Mining: The Game!"Woo! Level 20! Now Russian organized crime knows my social security number!"[/citation]
You guys are on fire tonight.....

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]dragonfang18[/nom]Cant they just make Sim City 5000!?!?![/citation]
screw all these other stupid games, I just want my sim city!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dragonfang18[/nom]Cant they just make Sim City 5000!?!?![/citation]
id just give up on a new sim city, see a new one would take at least 2 years to develop, and will has already said that he wont work on anything that takes more than a year.

that said, i would kill for a 5000.

G

This "game" has been happening for years now to anyone with a net life.
Cookies, super cookies, analytics, social networks, online communities; fully deployed data mining, processing and profiling technology. This "game", would be a fine complement to this technology. Should it be successful, running on all available platforms, it will be the icing on the cake for all interested parties.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This hardly sounds like a game at all to me. I introduce myself to the program, share interests and factors such as personal wealth and it suggests real world activities I may find entertaining. How is this any different than just checking out the current and upcoming events in your local area and choosing what you either know interests you or something that you find may interest you? This would be much more secure and accurate in finding you a good time rather than a program you have to spoon feed every detail about you, hoping it can accurately guess what you would enjoy doing (without constant repeating of itself) and more importantly that you personal info does not leak.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Will Wright, the mastermind behind two popular PC games in the past 15 years is currently working on something entirely new called HiveMind

ok fixed. sorry, i dont mean to be an asshole, but he gets WAY too much credit for rehashes of the same product. and spore was not popular. it was hyped. it was not good at all. thats why it was found in the bargain bin just a few months after its release. DRM for the lose.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]ok fixed. sorry, i dont mean to be an asshole, but he gets WAY too much credit for rehashes of the same product. and spore was not popular. it was hyped. it was not good at all. thats why it was found in the bargain bin just a few months after its release. DRM for the lose.[/citation]

Actually Spore was a better game before it was released. I know this sounds strange but EA had Wright dumb it down. Go ahead and look at the pre-released footage of it. The game looks more realistic and less like a cartoon. There was blood, dragging a corpse of a eaten animal. There was the choice to remain in the water and evolve being a sea creature. Evolution made more sense and the game seemed overall better in everyway. If you want to blame Spore for being a failure blame EA not Wright, he had a brilliant idea something EA loves to crush.

Status
Not open for further replies.