Simulated keystrokes aren't recognized by my laptop

domino66

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
For whatever reason, I can't send simulated keystrokes to my HP Spectre 13" laptop (running Windows 8.1).

I've tried using Autohotkey -- and every function works properly EXCEPT that it can't accept any text input...like I can get an AHK script to, say, launch a program, but I can't get it to input text. (So, for example, I can assign a macro to Ctrl-W that launches a program, but if I edit it so that it's supposed to type "good morning to you" in a text editor, nothing happens.)

(I was 100% configuring the AHK script properly; tried it on my Alienware laptop and it worked fine.)

But THEN, I used my mouse customizing software to assign custom functions to my mouse buttons, and EXACTLY THE SAME THING HAPPENED: I can get the middle mouse button to perform a function, like launching a program, but I can't get it to send an F5 keystroke to my computer.

So something's clearly wrong here: why might my laptop not be recognizing simulated keystrokes / text input?

ttjambe

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Some of the bloatware from HP may be capturing keystrokes. Antivirus softwares can also interfere with this. Try disabling both.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
androidtutoracademy Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 0
6 Laptop General Discussion 4
R Laptop General Discussion 2
N Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 1
K Laptop General Discussion 1
1 Laptop General Discussion 1
N Laptop General Discussion 1
10hellfire01 Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 2