site:tomshardware com download microphone for laptop free

G

hey i have a laptop and i want to record my voice. the problem is that i dont have a microphone but when im talking to skype the other can hear me. so i want an easy and free way that i can download a microphone for my laptop in order to record my voice!

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
A microphone is a piece of hardware, not software. If you can use a microphone for any program (skype), you have a microphone. It's not something that can be downloaded since it's a physical part in your laptop. I think what you want is voice recording software, which will allow you to record your voice from the microphone you already have. http://www.sonicdownloads.net/download/Audio/Audacity/?f=sxTFFJLnS&a=6591&adid=8835363920 is a free option.

G

i did download it but i cant here my voice :/

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
i did download it but i cant here my voice :/

Check to verify that your microphone is not muted in the windows settings. You may also need to mess with the volume settings for the microphone in both the windows settings and the software. Is your input device in the software correct?

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
First of all, you should download Audacity from the official site.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
The SonicDownloads site is promoting adware. (Read the disclaimer at the bottom of the SonicDownloads page.)
Uninstall any crap from that site.

Once you have installed Audacity from the official site, go to your Windows sound options in the Control Panel and make sure "Stereo Mix" is enabled in the "Recording" tab. If not then right click in the window and check the Show Disabled and Disconnected boxes. Right click the Stereo Mix option and enable it.

Start Audacity and type Ctrl P. In the "Devices" window under the "Recording" section select the "Stereo Mix" option in the "Device" dropdown menu. Hopefully that will solve your issues.