Sleep mode is a good choice

Florin pitesti98

Commendable
May 5, 2016
Hello, i wanted to know if i do something good:
-what sleep mode do, it will turn off all components except the ram in low power state?
-my laptop will have problems or will become slow if i always use sleep mode instead of shutdown?

Solution
Is a good thing to put your computer to sleep if you are going to keep using it in a short notice or that same day. If you think you are done with the computer for the day or for a good while (8 hrs plus) there is no good reason not to shut it down and let it get a good rest.

putting a computer to sleep turns off all components in the computer except for the main memory (memory RAM) and a few necessary components to keep RAM going. Even then RAM is on in a low power state consuming just enough power to keep the files you are working with.

Hibernation and shutting down, make the computer store everything in the Hard Drive before shutting down all of its components and erasing anything that is not in the Hard Drive.

Tamayo

Commendable
May 9, 2016
Is a good thing to put your computer to sleep if you are going to keep using it in a short notice or that same day. If you think you are done with the computer for the day or for a good while (8 hrs plus) there is no good reason not to shut it down and let it get a good rest.

putting a computer to sleep turns off all components in the computer except for the main memory (memory RAM) and a few necessary components to keep RAM going. Even then RAM is on in a low power state consuming just enough power to keep the files you are working with.

Hibernation and shutting down, make the computer store everything in the Hard Drive before shutting down all of its components and erasing anything that is not in the Hard Drive.

Solution