Slim Yet Quiet Gaming Laptop

N8TheGreat

Estimable
Mar 11, 2014
Hello all! I'm currently looking for a slim laptop that I can also use in a decently quiet classroom without the fans making a bunch of noise. Here's my filled out "form" that was given in the sticky post:

1. What is your budget?
I'd prefer to stick around $1500, but I can go up to about $2000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
I don't have a big preference, though I would like at least a 15" display

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p is the lowest screen resolution that I would like. 4k is neat, but not needed

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I'm looking more for a portable system

5. How much battery life do you need?
At least 3 hours is preferred

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yup, I would like to play quite demanding games, typically at high settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Word processing, light programming, and web browsing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I would like at least 1TB of space, a system with an mSATA slot would be nice as well

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I've been looking quite a bit at xoticpc, but I'm open to pretty much any reputable site

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I'd like to keep my laptop for at least a year, 2 is preferred

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't really need an optical drive. ISOs are awesome, and I have an external optical drive anyway

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I'm open to just about any brand. I quite like Sager, Asus, and MSI since I have firsthand experience with their products and have been pleased with all 3 brands

13. What country do you live in?
I live in the good ol' United States of America

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'd really like a system with at least a 970m. I was looking at the Sager NP-8651 but it seems to have been discontinued.

Thanks in advance for your help!