Slow internet on my android smartphone

Tamer_6

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016
I used to have an old Nokia smartphone with 3G internet and was working quite well with very fast internet connection (through my phone company)..Only a week ago I switched to Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with 4G but ever since my internet has become much slower and sometimes it doesn't connect at all..What could be the problem??

Solution
If this is a new phone, you should contact the place of purchase, or the manufacturer.

That said, while 4G is supposed to be faster, it also has to be in an area where there is good 4G service. Closer to the towers, etc. You may want to test out what you are getting in different places. Also, since it is a newer phone, make sure you have checked for updates.

Another thing to check is how much is running in the background on the phone. The more running, the slower your connection will be.
If this is a new phone, you should contact the place of purchase, or the manufacturer.

That said, while 4G is supposed to be faster, it also has to be in an area where there is good 4G service. Closer to the towers, etc. You may want to test out what you are getting in different places. Also, since it is a newer phone, make sure you have checked for updates.

Another thing to check is how much is running in the background on the phone. The more running, the slower your connection will be.

Solution

Rtfl0ne

Estimable
Jan 28, 2015
Your problem could be with your carrier/plan. Most current plans even unltd data plans really aren't unltd not at full speed 4G anyway. Once you exceed your plan's maximum usage number your speed will be throttled back to 3G or even 2G and slow way down. Check the fine print on your plan.