Slow laptop problem

Kotreb

Estimable
May 24, 2014
Hi guys, I'm in need of an assistance.

My gf has a laptop which ~1 year old, Lenovo ideapad (cheapest one i think) and it is slow beyond imagination. It's not just that it's slow, but when we try to watch something in 720p or 1080p it's unwatchable. Like everything freezes for a few seconds, stutters etc. Even when her windows were fresh it would take around 7 seconds just to open a folder.

Does anyone have an idea why is this happening? She had windows 8.1 and now 10 it's all the same. Specs are Intel celeron N2840 @2.16 ghz, 4 gb RAM, Intel HD graphic card, win 10 (32 bit). Model of the laptop is Lenovo Ideapad 100-15 IBY.

I know this is not a godlike laptop but i think it should be able to play movies/series at 720/1080p without a problem. To be more precise, it's not just movies...it's everything. Switching from tab in chrome to another takes 3-5 seconds (even though there are only 3 tabs open). Everything is mega slow, even with fresh installation of windows. I tried running cccleaner, new windows and disk defragment, nothing helped.

Can anybody help me please?

Tom Waller

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
Considering it's now a windows 10 machine, maybe do a system reset (not restore) by going through the troubleshoot settings. Does she have many programs taking up space which aren't needed?

First step is to keep tabs on task manager and see if any resources are taking up a lot of CPU etc and go from there :)

Kotreb

Estimable
May 24, 2014
Thank you for response.

I opened task manager and there are only basic windows stuff running, but either her CPU or memory is constantly at like 90+. Tried figuring out why, but all programs/tasks/operations are pretty default one in windows. I'll try to get a screenshot if it'll help

Kotreb

Estimable
May 24, 2014
Thank you. Is there any way to mend it? So that at least she can watch movies in a normal way (i mean resolution) and browse normally.

ffg7

Splendid