Solved! SLOW NEW LAPTOP

Nov 29, 2019
I recently bought an HP Pavilion gaming laptop (15-bc504TX) with 9th gen i5(2.4 GHz base processor speed,8MB cache,4 cores,Max boost clock up to 4.10GHz), 8GB RAM,1 TB HDD and 4 GB NVIDIA GTX 1050 Graphics.But since I bought it , it is not living up to its specs.Booting takes a lot of time (over 2 -3 min) when fast boot is off.After booting ,the shortcut icons on desktop takes time to load (Even when fast boot is on), and when I try to open any application it takes a lot of time.Opening or running applications some time after startup is comparitively better ,though not that fast.Games are running smoothly(only upside).Using the laptop after putting it in sleep is much smoother than using after booting up.Opening a browser or a video player most often takes a lot of time , more so than my old laptop.Is there any way to fix this and boost up my laptop?

Solution
Have you checked to see what is automatically starting up when Windows loads? While you likely won't see anything in the standard start up folder on the system, there will be things loading that you likely didn't know, and may not want.

Try going to "Start" and in the search box type "msconfig" (without the quotes).

When you load the program click on the "Startup" tab.

NOTE: Be very careful as to what you mess with in here, as you can do more harm than good. Additionally I would stay away from the other tabs.

No go through what is listed and see what programs are launching when Windows launches and may well be eating up your resources.

Be sure you know what the program does before you uncheck the box for it to start when the system...
Have you checked to see what is automatically starting up when Windows loads? While you likely won't see anything in the standard start up folder on the system, there will be things loading that you likely didn't know, and may not want.

Try going to "Start" and in the search box type "msconfig" (without the quotes).

NOTE: Be very careful as to what you mess with in here, as you can do more harm than good. Additionally I would stay away from the other tabs.

No go through what is listed and see what programs are launching when Windows launches and may well be eating up your resources.

Be sure you know what the program does before you uncheck the box for it to start when the system starts. Once you are done click "Apply" and it should prompt you to restart the computer.

Once that is done, you can then see if you get into Windows faster.

Solution
Nov 29, 2019

Be sure you know what the program does before you uncheck the box for it to start when the system starts. Once you are done click "Apply" and it should prompt you to restart the computer.

Once that is done, you can then see if you get into Windows faster.
Thanks for replying , but I already tried this and it didn't work.

Last edited:
I recently bought an HP Pavilion gaming laptop (15-bc504TX) with 9th gen i5(2.4 GHz base processor speed,8MB cache,4 cores,Max boost clock up to 4.10GHz), 8GB RAM,1 TB HDD and 4 GB NVIDIA GTX 1050 Graphics.But since I bought it , it is not living up to its specs.Booting takes a lot of time (over 2 -3 min) when fast boot is off.After booting ,the shortcut icons on desktop takes time to load (Even when fast boot is on), and when I try to open any application it takes a lot of time.Opening or running applications some time after startup is comparitively better ,though not that fast.Games are running smoothly(only upside).Using the laptop after putting it in sleep is much smoother than using after booting up.Opening a browser or a video player most often takes a lot of time , more so than my old laptop.Is there any way to fix this and boost up my laptop?

That system has a standard drive it looks like, if you are used to other systems with a solid state drive it will seem a lot slower. Loading programs will be longer, boot times will be longer.

Nov 29, 2019
Then I would contact the place you purchased it through. No new device should be a problem. You can speak with them about changing devices or if you need to get a different one due to issue with a specific model.
I bought it online .It's been a month and they won't replace it.Can the problem be that windows is not installed properly?Will reinstalling windows do me any good?