Question Slow Performance

Mar 30, 2019
My Asus X510U Is Overheating And Is Very Slow
The Specs Are
Intel 8th Gen 8250u
Gpu:Nvidia Mx130 2Gb
8Gb Ram
1Tb Hdd and 128gb ssd

That isn't what I am asking. I am going to assume you are only going by what you feel on the exterior. What you need to do is run temperature monitoring software (there are many you can choose from) and see what exactly is overheating. The CPU, GPU, something else, etc.

Hmm.. If it is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about fixing it.

However, if it isn't under warranty, then you have the option of opening it up to try to fix it yourself, or taking it to a local tech.

Should you choose to try to do it yourself, be careful. It will need first to be cleared out of dust, debris, etc. From the fans to the vents and everything else inside. Should that not resolve it, then you will need to change the thermal paste.

Just be sure you can do the work, it is really easy to open up a laptop and cause more damage than you started with.

Mar 30, 2019
Hmm.. If it is under warranty, then I would contact the manufacturer about fixing it.

However, if it isn't under warranty, then you have the option of opening it up to try to fix it yourself, or taking it to a local tech.

Should you choose to try to do it yourself, be careful. It will need first to be cleared out of dust, debris, etc. From the fans to the vents and everything else inside. Should that not resolve it, then you will need to change the thermal paste.

Just be sure you can do the work, it is really easy to open up a laptop and cause more damage than you started with.
my laptop is under warranty