Question Small LED on main board??

Dan Cantrell

Honorable
Jan 28, 2015
I'm not very knowledgeable about electronics, by far. Just a person trying to save a few dollars. So just out of the blue my 10 year old LG 32" flat screen won't power on, and no stand-by light is present on the front. The only sign of life (or power) is a little green LED on the main board. So I ordered another board for $20 and not only did it not fix it but the little green LED doesn't light up either. I'm about to order a power supply board but I'm curious about the little LED. What does it indicate and why would it light up on one and not the other, and if it is a trouble shooting light that only comes on when theres a problem why would it not fix the TV now that it isn't on? I don't want to buy another power supply with two main boards doing two different things.

Last edited:
If you google the LG "model number" service manual you may find that online.
Ten years is very good run for a modern TV so don't feel cheated.
I suspect that any parts you find online that haven't been refurbished by a qualified company (such as shopjimmy.com) may be defective as the same model TV often fails in the same way.

Dan Cantrell

Honorable
Jan 28, 2015
If you google the LG "model number" service manual you may find that online.
Ten years is very good run for a modern TV so don't feel cheated.
I suspect that any parts you find online that haven't been refurbished by a qualified company (such as shopjimmy.com) may be defective as the same model TV often fails in the same way.
Good points. The thing about this TV is it was a back room TV that was rarely used. May have gotten a power surge or something. Could have been months before I discovered it..