Smart Home/Smart Lock Deadbolt

trclac

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
I would like a single deadbolt to install on a door to my house that I can lock and unlock remotely. For instance, if I need a neighbor to enter my house, I would like to be able to unlock the door from my iPhone. I have seen a number of "smart locks", but it appears they mainly use Z-Wave, and you need to subscribe to a service in order to use them this way.
Does anyone know of a deadbolt that I can control from my WiFi network router, or even one that connects to my network and needs a hub (such as the Hue, which I have) to connect to it? So far, I am not finding anything that works either via WiFi or a hub that doesn't require a subscription to use the service. Ideally, I'd like a deadbolt that works off of something like the Hue base, that requires no subscription. I even have a MyQ base to operate the garage door -- with no service fees required.
If anyone knows of a deadbolt like this, I'd appreciate learning of it.

Thanks.

USAFRet

Illustrious
Several current deadbolts do this. But even better (and cheaper), are the ones that have multiple codes.
Give your neighbor code 1122. You can enable that code to be used from (for ex) Monday at 8AM to Wednesday at 4PM. After that, it turns off until you reenable it.

No remote code needed, no subscription, far fewer WiFi vulns.

trclac

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010

I have thought of that, but it won't work. My wife is a stay at home mom. I'll schedule someone to come by to take a look at the A/C for instance. All of a sudden, she forgets, and goes to get her hair done. So I need a lock that I can remotely operate -- or a new wife, but let's not go there.

USAFRet

Illustrious
hmmm....

I'm in the process of selecting locks with my stated req's. Programmable, multiple time based codes, etc. But specifically no WiFi/smartphone/etc. Far less attack surface area.
I don't want the phone to know about the house key, because if I lose the phone....

So, sorry...can't help with a specific recommendation.

calandrebenjamin4

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
I think Smart Lock Deadbolt system is Do This. Find Expert and work With us. I suggest one reference star com systems is master in Smart Lock System. I think it is help you and provide solution about Smart Lock.