Solved! Smart tab refreshing apps when screen is turned on?

Apr 3, 2019
Tablet in question: 2 in 1 Smarttab;
Model: st1009
RAM: 1 GB
Version: 6.0.1
Manufactur: Southern Telecom

My biggest problem is when I'm using any web browser and I turn my screen off (or when it automatically turns itself off over time). Whenever I turn the screen back on all apps will refresh or restart, and this can become a huge problem when I lose all the data I've done on the page. This also happens whenever I dock/undock the tablet to the keyboard. Is there any way I can stop this from happening? Will I have to root the device? Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

Edit: 1GB not 2.

Last edited:
Solution
It could be a few things. From virus, malware or bad app to hardware.

First, try checking the tablets power settings. Is it using an app that will turn it off when it hits a certain power percentage? This would be a setting or app, not referring to the battery itself. That is next.

Second try checking if it does this when it is only below a certain percentage of battery power. If so, then you may be in need of a new batter.

Third, try turning on the tablet in "Safe Mode" and then let it go dark. See if this happens then. You won't be able to access most apps while in this mode, but if it doesn't occur in there, then it is likely software (virus, malware, app) rather than hardware that is the problem. If, however, it happens while in...
It could be a few things. From virus, malware or bad app to hardware.

First, try checking the tablets power settings. Is it using an app that will turn it off when it hits a certain power percentage? This would be a setting or app, not referring to the battery itself. That is next.

Second try checking if it does this when it is only below a certain percentage of battery power. If so, then you may be in need of a new batter.

Third, try turning on the tablet in "Safe Mode" and then let it go dark. See if this happens then. You won't be able to access most apps while in this mode, but if it doesn't occur in there, then it is likely software (virus, malware, app) rather than hardware that is the problem. If, however, it happens while in "Safe Mode" as well, then it is likely hardware.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

If it does in deed stop while in "Safe Mode" then you need to check the device for viruses, malware, bad apps, etc.

Solution
Apr 3, 2019
I can't get safe mode to turn on. I don't even know it this model has that option, I can't find anything online about it.

I'm assuming its the hardware. It's a cheap tablet, and I was hoping to find a solution to one of it's downfalls. Thank you for your response though.

Apr 3, 2019
I've tried this method countless times yet to no avail. I get no indication as to whether the safe mode feature is on or off and the home screen boots up as normal each time.