Solved! Smart TV making plastic cracking noise

Dec 17, 2018
My tv makes a popping noise when watching it. It's the plastic body of the tv that is making the noise, i don't know how to fix it, please help!

Ralston18

Dignified
Which model Smart TV?

Is the noise constant or does the noise only occur when the TV is first turned on.

If just at start up it is likely to be the result of expansion as the set warms/heats up.

Look for any case screws - if you find any, just loosen them a little bit to allow the plastic case to move and slide some.

Ralston18

Dignified
Which model Smart TV?

Is the noise constant or does the noise only occur when the TV is first turned on.

If just at start up it is likely to be the result of expansion as the set warms/heats up.

Look for any case screws - if you find any, just loosen them a little bit to allow the plastic case to move and slide some.

Dec 17, 2018
It will just randomly make the noise. I'll try listening the screws a bit on the case and see if that helps! Much appreciated!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Streaming Video & TVs 0
RexIsReckless Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 0
P Streaming Video & TVs 4
Y Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 2
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
M Streaming Video & TVs 3