Snapchat Exposed: Angry Hackers Post Exploit Code Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax corrin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Woo, make tons of money on the InterWebz... awesome. On topic, glad I'm not a SnapChat user...and the kind of money Google and Facebook are trying to throw at them are obscene.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
The app is so pointless and stupid, I wouldn't pay $500 for it myself.... you get offered $4b for this YOU TAKE IT. Idiots. Wow, you send a pic and it gets deleted. Like that's some brilliant idea, neither is twitter, wouldn't a pennt for load of steaming crap. I really don't know why the business world is so stupid these days. Things are come crashing down hard one of these days and half of corporate america is going under.

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
normally...with these apps, it is my understanding that you are basically paying for the user base, potential users, and their (expected) continued use. so, make any (supposed novel-idea based) new chat app and get a ton of users, THEN you can sell for a ton of cash. not so easy...

tolham

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
"These leaked exploits could hurt Snapchat's reputation"

and Gibson Securities' reputation as well. after this stunt, how can any company trust Gibson Security not to publish their security flaws? I hope they get their ass handed to them in court.

_Cosmin_

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
So which is it: hackers or security firm that found/publish these flaws ? And don`t say hackers working at security firm (there is no such thing)!

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
@tolham this is actually how a lot of white hats get exploits fixed, they find the problems and let the companies know what is wrong and how to fix it after a certain amount of time if the problem is not fixed they will send the information out to force the company to do it. It's nothing new and has been the standard for this type of thing for a very long time the difference is most companies tend to listen the first time they are told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS