So confused, which laptop

Rocco_1

Commendable
Oct 18, 2016
I don't know which one to purchase:
Asus F555LA Intel Core i3-5010U 15.6" 1080p Laptop (4GB/500GB/Win10) $339.99 Or Acer Aspire ES Intel Core i3-6100U SKYLAKE 15.6" Laptop (4GB/1TB) $299.99 or
Dell 3558-5000 at best but 349.00
I just do basic computing no gaming. Word, excel, web.....looking for inexpensive and will last. There is also a lenevo in same range.
I'm concerned about acer been told not good also heard lenevo isn't what it use to be. Never been real impressed with hp
Owned dell years ago wasn't bad and had best luck with toshiba which I hear isn't good. Asus I hear is good but it's a gen 5........

Solution
There is generally very little performance difference between a 5th and 6th generation Core i3 CPU. The "biggest" performance difference is the integrated graphics core; the Intel HD 520 is overall around 15% more powerful than the intel HD 5500. But for your purposes you are not going to see a difference.

All brands have pros and cons and it can vary by specific models as well. Lenovo has been caught in the past of having embedded software that can be a security risk if a hacker knows exactly what to do. Acer kinda has a "meh" reputation because many of their budget laptops are bland and are of only "average" quality. LaptopMag.com does an annual article about the overall quality of 10 laptop brands using a weighted score of various...
There is generally very little performance difference between a 5th and 6th generation Core i3 CPU. The "biggest" performance difference is the integrated graphics core; the Intel HD 520 is overall around 15% more powerful than the intel HD 5500. But for your purposes you are not going to see a difference.

All brands have pros and cons and it can vary by specific models as well. Lenovo has been caught in the past of having embedded software that can be a security risk if a hacker knows exactly what to do. Acer kinda has a "meh" reputation because many of their budget laptops are bland and are of only "average" quality. LaptopMag.com does an annual article about the overall quality of 10 laptop brands using a weighted score of various criteria. Acer comes in at a consistent #8 since 2011 with the exception of 2015 when they dipped to #9. Asus is rather notorious for having very bad customer service if you need to speak with a human being. I have read many comments about owners reaching out to customer / tech support for weeks before finally getting some type of response from a human being. Look far enough and you will find that all brands have issues.

Solution