Soldier Posts Secret Attack Plans on Facebook

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
What a clever chap, not only does he scupper an illegal terrorist attack on a foreign country, he also gets out of an Army where he is obviously unhappy. A win win situation from his point of view. It's a pity there weren't more upstanding citizens like him.

ss78

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
assuming he did this intentionally and isn't just a doofus but yes I hope there's an Israeli soldier in every operation who does this :D

pooflinger1

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
I guess that's easier than wearing dresses in an attempt to obtain a section 8.... Maybe he didn't have the legs to pull it off.

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]sicpric[/nom]Facebook is blocked at my work, I'm in the USAF.[/citation]
Yeah, my employer blocks it too. Not that big of a deal. I'm not the sort of person who updates what I'm doing on a minute by minute (or even day by day) basis.

P.S. Thank you (and all the other military folks here) for your service!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
well there's hardly a way you can really block stuff like facebook without blocking everythign but select whitelisted stuff!
You could just use a feature like internet cloaker or a private vpn or ssl based remote control and circumvent port and destination blocks - even protocol inspectors would only see that it was 'encrypted web traffic' not that it was a remote desktop wrapped in something

Status
Not open for further replies.