[solved]HP DV7, cant see bios screen, need to enable virtualization

Status
Not open for further replies.

scristopher

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
I was wondering if anyone could post the sequence of keypresses to use to enable virtualization in the bios, or screenshots so that I can determine my own sequece of keypresses. The screen on my hp dv6 is broken, and trying to view the bios over hdmi or vga does not work, I can however use the os I have on the laptop over hdmi/vga with no issues. I am working on studying for the Redhat virtualization engineer certification and while my keyboard and screen dont work proper I know that i am getting into the bios but cannot see. The keyboard in fact does work halfway. On my desktop if i push f4 the output does change and it works there, it will swap between the busted screen and the monitor thats hooked up. Now this does not work in the bios whether hooked up to vga or hdmi.
Please help out the blind, im stumbling in the dark!

Possibly relevant information:
HP DV7 laptop (dv7-6135dx)

BIOS Revision: 15.28
Firmware Revision: 16.90
SMBIOS 2.7 present.

Thanks.

scristopher

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
finally figured out how to enable VT-X in my bios without my laptop screen. Based on a screenshot of the bios I found I determined the location and was confident based on my memory of where VT-x was located and based keypresses on where I believed it to be ESC -> F10, right, right, right, right, down, enter, up, enter, F10, up, enter, enter - Worked right off the bat :D only took 4 months after that i tried the contra code and the konami codes, I got some extra lives by doing so.

[scott@localhost ~]$ lsmod | grep kvm
kvm_intel 138528 0
kvm 422809 1 kvm_intel

Status
Not open for further replies.