Some DROID 2 Users Experiencing Signal Issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

A put up job by Apple. "OK guys... go out and buy some Droid 2 phones and complain that there is a signal problem. That will get them off our back for a while".

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
How are "endlessly fluctuating bar counts" an issue? Is is possible the signal is fluctuating and the bar count is more sensitive then others? If the phones are dropping calls because you are touching a certain section of them, that is one thing. But bars changing hardly seems like an issue at all.

G

...not to mention the unintended acceleration issues, right?

Wait, which forums were these again?

Not forums.frenzy.hyperbole.com?

:(

G

i am getting wildly fluctuation bars while it just sits on my desk. this can be a problem on battery life. i have not had it drop a call but i have got static for a period during some calls. i hate apple so i am not posting this trying to make them look better.

G

nope works perfectly, just wish the battery lasted longer, im considering just gettin an extended battery, but i have enough chargers at home, in my car, and at work, so its really not that big of a problem

G

Not a problem at all. The phone works quite well. Clarity on both ends is good. I never look at the bars until I drop a call or someone is having trouble hearing me. Neither has happened as of yet.

hfm

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Thanks for that gripping piece on a cell phone reading varying numbers of bars, mobilecrunch..

In other news, bears still defecating in woods. More on that story at 11.

G

Is anyone ever going to develop a quantitative test, some sort of index, to compare antennas? This hand-wavy, qualitative analysis of antenna performance needs to stop, this is ridiculous.

mattwallace24

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Probably just another problem with Verizon's network. Everyone bashed AT&T's network when the iPhone dropped calls and now we know it was the handset.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
Jobs probably paid a lot of people in various parts of the country to make up phony reports about the DROID 2 having signal issues. Most likely the case.

ac21365

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Wow, the derp in this thread is mind boggling.

"bars" don't mean diddly dick, actual signal strength does.

Til we have a test like Anandtech did with the iFone 4, this article means jack. Just more media hype about a new phone.

awood28211

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
[citation][nom]dbl[/nom]i am getting wildly fluctuation bars while it just sits on my desk. this can be a problem on battery life. i have not had it drop a call but i have got static for a period during some calls. i hate apple so i am not posting this trying to make them look better.[/citation]

How does one get static on a digital signal? I'd venture that the static comes from analog on the other end or you've got a hardware issue. Digital "static" would be in the form of quality loss, not actual "static".

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
I probably does have these issues. Like we all know, all phones do. And, again, as we all know; the iPhone has it worst.

I hope this doesn't make another shitstorm unless it's shown to be within 10% as poorly performing as the iPhone's.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]That depends on Motorolla's response.[/citation] Agreed.

[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]and in the end, give away $1 worth of plastic cases[/citation] On that note, does anyone making those statements about the Apple bumper actually hold one in their hands? I was biased myself but ordered one through Apple anyway. I have to say, the design is one of the most expensive in the market: Two-shot case with individual buttons! Hard plastic frame (substrate) with soft elastomer over-molding. Makes it look integral to the phone. The individual buttons look and feel just like the original. And having all those separate parts to make and assemble is much more expensive than the typical one-shot case. Sure, neither costs $30 to make, but there is a lot more cost in the Apple bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.