Someone is accessing my computer and possibly phone

Zytraxion

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
Hello, I just need advice on a matter that someone is accessing my computer.

I think I noticed this one time but I believed maybe a relative was on my computer or something but back in late January of this year, I noticed strange things on my computer such as photos being accessed, deleted, possibly even transferred. I also noticed that certain things that I never even logged into for a LONG time being open such as my old email address and stuff. This struck me as odd but it didn't phase me.

I did take some precaution though, I deleted a potential hacked account, did some security scans, but nothing major. Though I may have taken out the intruder...

I noticed a possible interference on my phone. I use a few apps on there and I believe some contacts on my phone, skype, and a few applications were used. But I thought maybe I just didn't remember deleting a contact or talking to someone. But again, phone was acting slowly, things were being deleted or accessed. I'm thinking of getting a new phone because I feel that even a factory reset in February didnt make a difference.

However, just today, I literally saw my mouse moving and opening programs! This obviously means a potential R.A.T.

I'm going to do a lot of changing of information but I want to know the best way to remove this from my computer. Knowing that this has been going on for more than half a year has more worried.

Thank you for the advice.

Solution
I am with people on this one. DBAN it and move on. If you do not have any backups, you could try installing RKill -> Malwarebytes -> Hitman Pro and the scan should kill a majority of the threats. Or install them and boot Windows "Safe Mode" without networking. Back up your files and clean install. Immediately factory reset your phone as well. After that, change every relevant password you can think of, including bank accounts and so on. In my opinion, that would be the best course of action.

Zytraxion

Estimable
Nov 11, 2015
I agree exactly. I has me kinda scared if you ask me. People were actually confronting me saying I sent a file with infected files and I was like " what?!" It's insane. Password as in WEP?

mdd1963

Distinguished
If you are close enough to router to string a 5-7 foot cable, whenever possible use wired ethernet. This would ONLY leave assorted remote programs left to permit any access...; if you can find any evidence of Teamviewer, Ammyy, Remote Desktop Utilities, UVNC, UltraViewer....uninstall or delete them, including potential respawns as either services/scheduled tasks. (Certainly if you delete partitions, quick format, full reinstall, you have wiped whatever remote access avenue was previously used, ...as long as your router has not been compromised...)

JoshRoss

Estimable
Jul 11, 2017
I am with people on this one. DBAN it and move on. If you do not have any backups, you could try installing RKill -> Malwarebytes -> Hitman Pro and the scan should kill a majority of the threats. Or install them and boot Windows "Safe Mode" without networking. Back up your files and clean install. Immediately factory reset your phone as well. After that, change every relevant password you can think of, including bank accounts and so on. In my opinion, that would be the best course of action.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS