Someone knows my password to my router!

jarrindennison

Estimable
Aug 4, 2014
Someone knows the password to my router. I have looked all over my computer and I cant figure out how to disable and block there computer. :??: Help please!?

Solution

I use Virus Testing Server as my ID.

Also authorizing MAC address' is a great way to stop people being able to use your router, but it's a bit of a pain when people come over if you want to give them access to your wifi. The cost of security I...

DeadRam

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
You can connect to the router using it's IP address and change the Router password but you need to change the wireless security too. Eevery device will need to be changed. If you think they compromised the routers settings, you can reset the router to factory default. This resets all settings including the router password and security password but the router isn't protected until you configure security and enter a password.

skit75

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
Take it off the ISP cable and reset the factory defaults.... usually a pinhole switch. Go in and make a new admin account with a new password. Add it back to the ISP cable. Also change your WIFI admin account and password as mentioned. Some routers will let you authorize users by MAC address also if you're feeling really paranoid. Change your broadcast to ID to something more creative like FBI/ATF roaming surveillance or K9-Unit 54 :) or just turn off your broadcast all together.

byza

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

I use Virus Testing Server as my ID.

Also authorizing MAC address' is a great way to stop people being able to use your router, but it's a bit of a pain when people come over if you want to give them access to your wifi. The cost of security I guess. Another thing you can do is make it so that the router isn't visible, so they need to manually type in the ID to find the router.

Solution