Someone or multiple people have been getting my passwords for different accounts

apathoic

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016
So a few days ago, I received a message from my Origin application saying someone has logged into my account on another computer. I decided to change my password and leave it at that, as my Origin password was different from the rest of my other passwords. Then, I received a message saying that someone has logged into my Hotmail account. Is there any way to prevent this from happening to all of my accounts?

apathoic

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016

Yes, I have done that. I recovered my account, but I want to make sure that this doesn't happen to any of my accounts in the future. It's odd that both my Origin accounts and my hotmail account was compromised.

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
they likely compromised your hotmail first and then used it to reset your origin account. This is a standard way to gain control over peoples online accounts. Once they have your e-mail they can just go around requesting password changes any other account you linked that e-mail to.

apathoic

Commendable
Apr 11, 2016

My Origin account was hacked first, and 3 or 4 days later my Hotmail account was then hacked. At least according to the email. If that's the case, there would be no way they could change my Origin account password. When my Origin account got hacked a couple days ago, my password was not changed.