Something Fishy with Global Gaming Factory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
It sounds like someone is trying to artificially drive up the price of GGF stock to do a little insider trading or they are attempting to float their financial failures until they can recover at a later time.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I really could care less. It could be owned by Satan himself for all I care. In any case, the joke is on them because the Pirate Bay is worthless. All they're really buying is name recognition, and that name recognition brings notoriety which will drive people who never liked the site away and also people who used to use the site but resent how its been bought up and turned into a pay site, and represent the opposite of the original site.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
i agree about the music industry being full of crap and that is why i love to post about my permanent boycott of any artist/label who has anything to do with the RIAA or any other type organization.
1.do not buy their products
2.if you really need it then buy it used

DOWN WITH CORPORATE BS !!!

koga73

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2008
lol, i just dont understand how GGF plans to turn a site that is based on illegal downloads into a legal site and profit... I mean their client base isnt't the type who pay for downloads... Anybody agree?

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
I think GGF is trying to raise their stock price by creating mad news of the buying of TPB. The fame and notoriety of TPB is what is probably driving up GGF's stocks, but once they buy (that is if they buy it), their top brass could just dump their stocks as the fan base of TPB would shrink to probable non-existence.

As somebody had already stated, the TPB name being used in a legal manner is pure irony.

kraken18

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
"music industry insiders say Global Gaming Factory is full of crap."

I think this "music industry insider" which is just code for dgu, set GGF up, telling them all kinds of BS so they wouldn't have to take the fall.

tektek2000

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
RIAA is like the old British govt.. taxing the citizens like crazy.. pirate bay are the pirates of course.. now.. the goveerment has to tax its citizens for EXTRA PROTECTION vs the pirates... hence now the RIAA and its likes need to keep the pirate bay up.. since winning millions in lawsuits makes up for louzy record sales ever since the 99 cent songs hit the market.. does this make sense to anyone else?

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
pump n dump. bait n switch. bubble machine. someone has been looking at how the us stock market opperates and is trying to do the same at home.

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
re: GGF is now under investigation by Sweden's Economic Crimes Bureau stemming from an "unusual and unexplained rise" in GGF's stock...

can some of those regulators come over here ;-)

jecht

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]"music industry insiders say Global Gaming Factory is full of crap."To me the music industry is full of crap.[/citation]

[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]"music industry insiders say Global Gaming Factory is full of crap." The music industry is full of crap.[/citation]

Fixed :p

azxcvbnm321

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
I don't know why there would be a rise in the stock. To me, the purchase would be reason to sell or short the stock. Most acquirers' see a drop in their stock price after an announcement. That's because the buyer usually has to pay a premium to take over a company, and usually this leads them to drastically overpay. The Pirate Bay would have to PAY ME to take them over as there is zero potential for profit, only more lawsuits. Thieves who refuse to pay for content certainly aren't going to pay me for anything either. The only way to make money from these thieves is to install Malware and hold their computers hostage, or install keysroke recorders and scam them for their credit card and banking details. The only way to get money from a thief is to rob him blind.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]azxcvbnm321[/nom]Most acquirers' see a drop in their stock price after an announcement. That's because the buyer usually has to pay a premium to take over a company, and usually this leads them to drastically overpay.[/citation]
I'm not sure where you get your information, but it typically is quite the opposite. When there is an announcement of a possible merger or one company buying another, those stocks go up because 1.) the company buying it wouldn't be buying it unless they perceived a profit, and 2.) the company selling it wouldn't sell it unless they perceived a profit.

When both of those companies expect great things from the deal, their stocks go up. I don't think too many companies out there intentionally look to buy depreciating assets, and even though it occasionally happens due to poor judgement, it is far from the norm.

PS: The music industry is full of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.