Sony a6000 Mirrorless Camera Review: Fast and Feature Rich

PennyLife

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Holy hell I hate these advertising overlays on every single picture. I just scrolled right through the article without reading anything because they were so distracting and make the entire article look like one of those fake research articles on the next new 'miracle drug.'

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
I wish that camera had better manual controls. One of the first things a DSLR maker should do is make sure that you do not have to dig through any menu for ISO, Shutter speed, and Aperture.

Shooting/ focus modes can be menu based but in this price range, it is preferred to have a dial so that users can easily switch between single shot and continuous shooting, and then have a directional pad or something for quick (no menu needed) focus point selection.

These should be standard as menus are just too slow to use, and you will miss shots while changing settings if you have to dis through menus.

alz_solstice

Honorable
Jul 3, 2013
The photos shown are like what I get with my Xperia L only in Daylight and Low light. Still, DSLRs are still better for those who wants to get a good photos. Mirrorless would be for those people who are not used to DSLRs. Well, that's for real.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
The photos shown are like what I get with my Xperia L only in Daylight and Low light. Still, DSLRs are still better for those who wants to get a good photos. Mirrorless would be for those people who are not used to DSLRs. Well, that's for real.

you cannot compare image quality based on this review because tomsguide purposely degraded the image in addition to using high compression and scaling them down to a small fraction of their original size (what they are showing you is less than a 2 megapixel image.

For other sites that have done proper reviews, the image quality is decent for the price range, but the controls and lack of advanced shooting functions, really hold the camera back.