Sony Announces PS4 Release Date for U.S. and Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
Finally, I get to upgrade my Blu-ray player for the bedroom :)

I may play a few games as well... but my PC usually fills that void for me. Still, PS4 is a must for the bedroom.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I play PC games a lot, but their are a lot of Console exclusives that never make it to PC. So all you Die hard PC gamers, don't come on here and say your PC only, cause if you do than your missing out on a lot of great games or your lying. PS4 will be my choice when the time is right, probably after the new year!

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
I see what you did there Fracture... I appreciate the joke/reference but it doesn't seem the rest of the group does.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
Best next gen console hardware and it doesn't even have the highest price...
I really hate that consoles always come out in November though... DO YOU HAVE ANY F*CKING IDEA HOW COLD IT IS IN MINNESOTA IN NOVEMBER!!!!

But I swore I was done getting release day consoles for profit. If I get one it will be because I reserved it.

But... Now that I'm married, I'm not sure about next gen consoles I barely have time to game anymore : (

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I somehow expected this to be released mid october, but I guess its alright at mid november. preblack friday/thanksgiving sales are going to be a pain in the ass for the people who want it on that day. I wont be getting it that day or very likely not even in 2014. my ps3 fills all my media center needs at the moment and there arent any ps4 launch games that have caught my eye. I also have a bunch of ps3 games Ive yet to beat. no need to waste money on something that will gather dust under my tv for a year. but Ill eventually get it, just not so fast.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
@ goldenl... It's more about the option not just the blu-ray player. I have the option to buy games, I have the option to use the PS+ store, I have the option to have friends over to play some games. My current PS3 is the blu-ray player in the bedroom and I've had it for 5 years. Not to mention, PlayStation is the best blu-ray player on the market with the quickest and most painless updates.

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
@ goldenl I agree with Deftonian, it's about options, and it really is the best bluray player. I got my Samsung Blu ray player in the living room I bought for $100. You have NO IDEA how much of a pain it is to just change the aspect ratio. 2:35 widescreen movies, for some reason, play in 3:00. I gotta EXIT the friggen movie, change the aspect ratio, and re-enter the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.