Sony: Apple Devices Aren't a Threat

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I agree with Sony, for now. They can't get complacent like they did with the PLAYSTATION 3 and assume that they'll be #1 and ignore other companies like Nintendo. Of course, almost everyone ignored Nintendo.
"In the 90's and early this decade the apple had great products and powerful alternatives to windows products."
PowerPC Macs weren't really that impressive. PowerPC historically had very fat SIMD units, but are weak with SISD processing. So, you'll get CPUs that are faster in some areas, but in general, Pentiums and Athlons beat PowerPC.

goodegg

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
[citation][nom]seriousazn[/nom]huh?[/citation]

Oh, I know... they're just a fad. Like blue jeans. Or the internet.

goodegg

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
[citation][nom]braneman[/nom]apple is a fad, not much else to say here, once they stop being a fad people will realize most of their strategy is a placebo.[/citation]

Oh, I know... There's just a fad. Like blue jeans. Or the internet.

(please excuse my interweb fail above)

G

I have to admit that PSP and all the hassles with UMD media then no UMD thing plus general lack of good games etc... Just got too hard so I sold it and purchased a DS.

Recently I got my dads old iPhone and have to say that its pretty cool. The games are good (way better than expected!) and unbelievably cheap. I would not think of carrying my DS around with me anymore and I'm well and truly over Sony - every time someone from that company opens their mouth they seem to be just full of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.