Sony Camcorders - streaming question

NV78

Estimable
May 1, 2015
hello,

tryingto decide on a new camcorder. if i'm going to get one soley for streaming, i'd like to upgrade to 4K, but it's not neccesary.

My current choices are AX100 or AX 33.

I've beentold the AX 33 doesn't need ANY extra equipment to stream with, which is what is needed since I already have so much junk with me to carry around when I use the camera. but the slow auto focus has me a bit worried as well as rumored picture quality.

Everyone seems to think the AX100 is a winner, but i've been told that needs extra equipment, and it's also ten times more expensive.

how is the 1080P picture quality on the AX 33? if that is good, and the auto focus issues on that go away at that setting, I think that will be the next buy.. but would love reviews from people who have used both, or other sony options that might b e preferable. thanks :)

MB_Lettuce

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
I've not an expert on cameras but my friend uses the AX33 and he says he wishes he would have saved up for the AX100 instead. He said it's a great camera and it does allow you to stream from their software Ustream but his main complaint is: "The camera is good if you don't plan on recording while moving around and you just keep the camera stable the whole time."

For 4K video I'm pretty sure you will need a pretty good GPU for image processing as well but I'm not 100%. And the compression I believe he said was XAVC S and not h265.

Other than this I have no other information I could provide you except to maybe check out some Amazon reviews and such but I'm sure you've already done so. :)
Anyway I hope this helps.

NV78

Estimable
May 1, 2015
thanks for he reply. i'm REALLY hoping to avoid spending an awful lot.. buti will if I have to.

Also, some additional questions.

I looked into the u stream and live stream plans. wow, those are expensive for the little streaming i'd do. so, the next question is... can the ax 100 stream to youtube? and can the go pro stream to youtube?

sorry for asking all these questions but i'm TERRIBLE at google searching. I can never find what I need.